Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Christmas Time in the City...

Well, I just posted about Thanksgiving and now here it is, my first post about Christmas!  I love this time of year- great times to show others that we care about them and spread some Christmas cheer.  Yesterday, with my reading groups, we talked about Christmas and some things that we should do this Christmas season.  I asked them what they liked about Christmas and why they thought it was a great time of year.   Several of my kids of course said they love getting visits from Santa, spending time with thier families, and NO SCHOOL!!!!  One of my students brought up the fact that many people don't have money to buy Christmas presents for their familes and this is a good time of year to help those in need!  Out of the mouth of babes... I was so proud of what he said that I didn't even know what to say.  So, I guess I encourage you this Christmas season to remember those that are less fortunate than you and spread the Christmas cheer this year:)  I learned my lesson from a 7 year old...

Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope you enjoy the season of giving and of course, NO SCHOOL:)

No comments:

Post a Comment